ASD Family Help is user led charity (non-profit). We offer support, advice & activities for autistic individuals or those with other learning disabilities; their parents, carers or professionals within Wokingham, West Berkshire & Pembrokeshire.
We have family liaison workers who can offer free advice, support and help with DLA/PIP/ESA forms.
We started life as a small support group in 2005, before becoming a charity in 2009 and now cover Wokingham, West Berkshire & Pembrokeshire!
We aim to help improve services for autistic children, young people and adults; their parents, carers & professionals, by raising awareness and acceptance of autism by providing:
- Support to parents/carers through regular drop in sessions
- Free advice and information through email, face-to-face or phone calls
- Social activities for children, young people & families (to include siblings & young carers where possible)
- Social activities for adults
- Training & workshops for parents/carers and professionals
- Life and relationships skills for teens
Our events are open to all autistic individuals or those with associated conditions (eg. dyslexia, dyspraxia, OCD, anxiety, PDA, ADHD etc)
Our mission is to work for the public benefit; relieving the needs of autistic children & adults or those with associated learning difficulties/disabilities; their parents/families and carers in the boroughs of Wokingham, West Berkshire & Pembrokeshire by:
- Providing support services and activities
- Working across the community to develop services needed
- Representing the views of our members
- Advancing the education of the public in the subject of disability
In Pembrokeshire, thanks to National Lottery Community fund Wales, the grant means that we can:
- Bring communities together to support each other, so they do not feel so alone and isolated (to help improve mental health)
- Empower parents/carers with knowledge and skills so that they can connect with their young person (to understand them and adapt their approach)
- Raise awareness and acceptance of Autism within the area
- Support families with claiming benefits (to increase uptake in unclaimed benefits)